Vista Community Clinic was awarded the California Department of Public Health, California Tobacco Control Program’s Regional Initiative to Mobilize Communities and Reduce Tobacco-Related Disparities Among the Hispanic/Latino Populations grant for the South Coast Region (San Diego and Orange Counties) in 2017. The SCRATCH project is a collaboration between Vista Community Clinic, SAY San Diego and American On Track (AOT).
Project activities work to tackle tobacco-related issues prevalent within the Hispanic/Latino populations. They include:
Youth Engagement – Building the capacity of the next generation of tobacco control advocates
- S.T.A.Y. (Spreading Tobacco Control Advocacy Through Youth) WOKE Youth Coalition at Vista High School
Smoke-Free Trade Schools
- Assisting trade schools and apprenticeship programs to adopt 100% smoke-free policies.
- Offer educational presentations, trainings and support to trades school administrators.
- Provide quit smoking resources to staff, faculty and students.
Smoke-Free Public Housing Authorities
- Encourage Public Housing Authorities to promote smoke-free policies that go beyond HUD standards.
- Offer support and technical assistance to multi-unit housing owners, managers to adopt and implement smoke-free policies.
- Provide quit smoking resources to multi-unit housing residents.
Smoking Cessation Services provided within Federally Qualified Health Centers