The North Coastal Prevention Coalition (NCPC) partners with the Vista Community Clinic to manage grants, contracts and staffing. NCPC receives funding from the County of San Diego, the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP), The California Endowment, and private donations to support its vision and mission.
Current grants and contracts include:
- Funding from the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, Behavioral Health Services, to serve as the regional prevention collaborative for the north coastal regional cities of Carlsbad, Oceanside, and Vista. As the regional prevention collaborative, project efforts support the County’s prevention initiatives and focus on engaging the community in environmental prevention strategies and advocacy to reduce substance abuse problems. The County Initiatives include:
- The Binge and Underage Drinking Initiative
- The Marijuana Prevention Initiative, HARM (Health Advocates Rejecting Marijuana),
- The Methamphetamine Strike Force Initiative and
- The Prescription Drug Task Force Initiative
- Funding from the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) as part of the STOP Act (Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking) to conduct underage drinking prevention strategies, with a focus on the Spanish speaking population in our region.
- Funding from The California Endowment to support resident leadership development and the Eastside Neighborhood Association in Oceanside.
- Funding from the San Diego Youth Leadership Project to support youth leadership development and prevention efforts of the North Coastal Prevention Youth Coalition.